Released June 2012 / Core i7 processor with Turbo Boost / Up to 1 GB DDR5 Video RAM

Questions au sujet de 432 Voir tout

What is this doohicky with pins next to the RAM slots called?

So there is a black doohicky between the battery and the RAM slots. You can see it circled in this picture of the 2012 MBP 15" teardown. It has two pins coming out of it there are springy, which I think are intended to prevent the bottom cover from getting too close to the electronics.

One of the pins isn't springy anymore and is broken in my MBP. I would like to replace the part, but have a hard time figuring out what it's called and what terms to search for. Anyone have any ideas?

Une réponse ! View the answer J'ai le même problème

Cette question est-elle utile ?

Score 0
Ajouter un commentaire

%Livraison gratuite pour toute commande supérieure à 100 $US ou contenant un Pro Tech Toolkit !

Parcourez notre boutique

1 réponse

Solution retenue

Its has two functions: A spacer to protect logic board from being crushed by the bottom cover and a grounding strap that ties the upper case to the lower case to help control EMI noise.

As to getting a replacement, I think you'll have a hard time finding it. I've already stripped them out of my two junkers.

Cette réponse est utile ?

Score 2
Ajouter un commentaire

Ajoutez une réponse

Shabaz sera éternellement reconnaissant.
Voir les statistiques:

Dernières 24 heures : 0

7 derniers jours : 0

30 derniers jours : 0

Total : 86