MacBook Pro A1286 stuck at white screen while booting
My friend’s 15 in macbook pro has a booting problem.
1. During normal booting, after the chime and apple logo, it gets stuck at a white screen.
2. In safe mode booting it goes slightly beyond that. There is a progress bar appearing for a while after which the screen becomes blue with vertical lines.
3. Tried to boot with the option key pressed. Recovery selection does not work. The screen goes blue (with vertical bars) and gets stuck.
4. Tried to use an external bootable usb drive (with OSX El Capitan), through booting using the option key. It appeared to boot with a progress bar appearing. It works till about 3/4th of the progress completed and comes back to white screen again,
5. No improvement after an NVRAM reset.
There are some other issues as well.
1. The battery does not show any charge with all the lights blinking upon pressing the battery indicator button with the power adapted connected.
2. At times there is a mesh up of colors. Blue and Red are displaced.
3. From an off state, upon connecting the power adapter, it tries to boot itself without the power button pressed.
Thanks for any suggestion/help.
Cette question est-elle utile ?