Should I fix my MacBook Pro (mid-2012) or buy a new laptop?
I bought it brand new in August 2012. 7 years later it is still running well, but it is kinda slow when i'm running more than 4 programs. as an aspiring web developer, i'll need a laptop that is fast and can run 4-5 programs smoothly, especially when i'll be compiling code. thus i'm wondering if it'll be enough to just fix the problems below, or should i fix it and also upgrade certain parts (tell me which parts), or would it be more feasible to just buy a new laptop?
Here are my problems:
- cd drive doesn't work - weird because i never ever really used it
- plastic (glass?) screen is cracked
- trackpad, keyboard, and bluetooth don’t work. these all stopped working at the same time. i have a feeling that some glass cleanser fluid crept its way beneath the trackpad when i was cleaning it
- power button doesn't work
- battery condition is "replace now"
- the magsafe connector that magnetically attatches gets extremly hot whenever I charge the laptop. also, sometimes it will indicate the color green to signify that it's fully charged, when that isn't the case. i have to position it a certain way through trial and error to get it to actually work
Cette question est-elle utile ?