I have used this tester for a while now, as Minho stated sometimes they do give false positives. Dock failed doesn’t mean a faulty Tristar it is implying it has picked up an open line. I have had this happen with some aftermarket dock connectors or when I have connected the tester upside down as it is not reversible.
Some things you should know about using this tester.
· Make sure it is connected the right way.
· You need to have a good connection.
· It will show dock failed on some aftermarket dock connectors even though the dock is fine.
· This tester is unable to verify you have a good dock connector it only checks for open lines.
· These testers only tests 8 of about 25 lines on the Tristar, I have come across the 1V8 reset line being faulty but the tester displayed “passed” as it doesn’t check this line.
· If it shows fail it doesn’t automatically mean a bad Tristar I usually check if multiple lines have failed before replacing the IC if only one or two lines have failed a would try another dock first.
Cette réponse est-elle utile ?