I have repaired 3 LED’s recently, Dismantle the unit to expose the individual LED’s, check each LED to find the faulty one, most times it is obvious to the naked eye, remove the individual faulty LED and jumper across it with a blob of solder or a jumper wire.
As each LED is connected in series, just like the old Xmas tree lights, when one expires, they all go out.
LED’s can handle a range of voltages so a small increase to the rest by removing one shouldn’t bother it.
If you’re at all concerned, test run it on the bench for a day or two as I did, no extra heat, all are back in place and have been going for months.
Cette réponse est-elle utile ?