HP OfficeJet Pro 6830: printer carriage won't move from far right
Hello - I have a 6830, not a 6835.
In the past, when I opened the printer lid, the printer carriage would move from its “parked” location on the far right to the center so I could change the ink cartridge. Now, the printer carriage stays in the parked location. Is this caused by an inoperative “lid sensor”? Could really use some help…
Cette question est-elle utile ?
9/4/20 - update to my original post...I've tried a "power drain" (see below for the procedure) with negative results. Can I get a little help?
1. Remove the cartridges from the printer.
2. With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer and also unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
3. Remove USB cable, if present.
4. Wait for 2-3 minutes, press and hold the power button on your printer for about 30 seconds to remove any additional charge.
5. Now plug back the power cable straight to a wall outlet without any surge protector or an extension cord (This is important) and then plug back the power cord to the printer.
6. Turn on the printer and wait till warm-up period finishes and the printer is idle.
par James DeMott