Will you Collaborate with DIY Replacing Battery and Screen on MS SP 4?
I can not find a local repair service to even attempt to fix my Surface Pro 4 (SP4) or my Surface Pro 5. I am going to attempt to fix my Surface Pro 4 myself unless I can find a viable repair service. I will be reviewing all the threads herein and compiling the do’s and don’t first. Does anyone do that all ready?
The SP4 still charges, still turns on without charger. Battery is bugling and the screen is separated from the case along the left side nearly 1/4” in the middle closing to no gap approaching corners. Screen as fracture in lower right corner but not noticeable, there is a small sun-spot in lower portion near middle of screen about the sizes of a dime and is very dim and not too noticeable , no case or other issues damage.
Had I known these units were so hard to service, I would not have purchased them.
1) Do’s & Don'ts: compile stories of previous Ifixit threads and generate do’s and don’ts. Please send links to any information you feel is important.
Best way to remove screen?
Map of obstacles such as antenna wires or other?
Battery removal without further damage. Can battery be disassembled? (I am just asking)).
2) Part List Development: Do I remove screen and battery first to determine what replacement parts are ordered? This would require tear-down for replacement part ordering.
3) Battery: determine best battery to buy
4) Screen: determine best screen to buy
5) Other Parts: Replacement of other components because we don’t want to do this again soon.
I hope others still chime in here. I plan on doing this in the next couple of weeks.
Cette question est-elle utile ?