Will this procedure program my new FOB Key when only have one orig key
Ron T <firstname.lastname@example.org>
6:23 PM (5 hours ago)
Programming a Single Key
This is what I have a Jeep Liberty 2011 low miles mint with one working Key fob because the other key chip they used to hide under the dash for my electric start , so now with one working Key Has anyone proved out this procedure will work with one new cut Fob Key that's not programmed yet .should I take a chance to do this?
A handful of manufacturers will allow you to program a single key, even if you don’t have a key that works. Keep in mind that you’ll still need to have the key cut to fit the ignition, which means you’ll need to provide proof of ownership to a locksmith.
That said, the process is much simpler than programming a second or third key:
- Insert the key into the ignition, and turn it to the on position. Don’t turn on the engine, only the electronics.
- Leave the key in this position for 10 minutes and 30 seconds, and then turn it off.
- Turn the key back on, and wait for additional 10 minutes and 30 seconds before turning it off again.
- Repeat the process for a third time.
- Return the key to the on position, and it will program the key.
- Test your new key by turning on the ignition
Cette question est-elle utile ?
THANK YOU what I did was buy a blank FOB had it cut then went to a locksmith and they programmed, I should have tried the advice above first however I didn't know this .
par Ronald Tyler