if your tablet has a micro usb charging port , they tend to get a bit touchy after a while. you might try and place the tablet on a flat surface and put something under the plug to apply a little pressure on the connector . trying it with the tablet face up or face down. those jacks seem to all get touchy after a while.
i would think if it was the adapter the laptop wouldn't turn on at all ? sounds like a battery issue either the battery itself or tha associated wiring inside the laptop. some trial and error investigative procedures are probably needed