Score de 0
Score de 0
Score de 0
Score de 0
Voici quelques outils couramment utilisés pour travailler sur cet appareil. Vous ne devriez pas avoir besoin de tous les outils pour chaque procédure.
For more information regarding common troubleshooting issues check out Amazon Kindle First Generation Troubleshooting
Identification and Background
Amazon Kindle First Generation
Model Number: D00111
Quick check: Is this your device?
The first generation is the only Amazon Kindle with the SD Memory Card Slot. If you remove back cover of your Kindle, you will find the SD Memory Slot.
When first introduced, it was believed that the Amazon Kindle was going to change the world of reading. Instead of carrying around a physical book, one can carry the digital reader with a 6 inch electronic-paper display, allowing one to carry around 200 books in a 10.3 ounce device. There are more than 800,000 books, newspapers, magazines, and blogs available for purchase and immediate download on the provided free wifi accessible from anywhere (1). Some other features of the First Generation Amazon Kindle include free book samples, automatic delivery of top-selling newspapers, e-mail capabilities for word documents and pictures, editing capabilities, and a long lasting battery (1). The first generation is different from the rest of the Amazon Kindles offered because it contains a SD memory card slot reader, allowing one to expand the memory of their device.
The Kindle was first released in November, 2007 selling at about $400 dollars apiece, and sold out 5.5 hours after its release (2). Although the true number of Amazon Kindles sold is unknown, Amazon Kindle is the second most commonly used device for viewing eBooks, containing approximately 32% of all accessed eBooks (3). It is also estimated that Amazon sold around 2.5 million Kindles based upon consumer surveys in 2010 (3).
The First Generation Kindle is no longer sold. Now, the fifth generation of the Kindle can be found, as well as even a LCD color display Kindle Fire.
- "Kindle: Amazon's Original Wireless Reading Device (1st Generation)." Amazon.com. N.p., n.d. Web. 06 June 2013.
- Patel, Nilay. "Kindle Sells out in 5.5 Hours." Engadget. N.p., 21 Nov. 2007. Web. 06 June 2013.
- Mace, Michael. "How Many Kindles Have Really Been Sold? (And Other Interesting Tidbits about Ebooks)." Mobile Opportunity: How Many Kindles Have Really Been Sold? (And Other Interesting Tidbits about Ebooks). Mobile Opportunity, Apr. 2010. Web. 06 June 2013.
- 6" diagonal
- E-Ink® electronic paper display
- 600 x 800 pixel resolution at 167 ppi
- 4-level gray scale
- 7.5" x 5.3" x 0.7" inches
Weight: 10.3 ounces
- 256MB internal
- available SD memory card slot supports up to 4GB SD memory cards (SD memory card not included)
Charge Time: Approximately 2 hours
- EVDO modem with fallback to 1xRTT
- utilizes Amazon Whispernet to provide U.S wireless coverage via Sprint's high-speed data network
USB Port: USB 2.0 (mini-B connector)
- 3.5mm stereo audio jack
- rear-mounted mono speaker
- Power adapter
- USB 2.0 cable
- book cover
- rechargeable battery
Current sources for obtaining technical assistance with the First Generation Amazon Kindle: