Why does my retina display not turn on after battery replacement?
The battery in my old Ipad Mini 2 Wifi w/retina display only lasted about 1-2 hours and it sometimes got stuck in mode where battery indicator appeared but didn’t charge. I decided to get the ifixit battery replacement kit. I followed the 55 step instructions to remove the battery and did the reverse to install new battery (note that I did turn it off first and I did disconnect the battery first). Now everything seems to work except for the retina display (the backlight seems to work but not the lcd display - nothing shows up when shining a bright light on it). I have tried the following with no luck and am looking for any other suggestions:
- Charged new battery for over 8 hours
- Re-started multiple times by holding power button and home button
- Tried disconnecting the battery, touch screen and lcd connectors and re-connecting
- Connected to iTunes on my PC (note that I had to guess where the number keypad was on my screen in order to unlock the Ipad. I did back up the Ipad on my PC just before starting the repair). ITunes says the battery is at 97% or so.
- Used iTunes to reload the software (I have not yet tried to “restore”)
- Locate Ipad using apple “find my” app from my phone and get Ipad to make sound
- Tried Siri - she responded when I said “hey siri” but does not respond to questions after that.
I’m wondering whether I damaged a wire or connector or the LCD beyond repair (I didn’t see any damage but these parts are rather small). Any hope of getting LCD to work? Thank you!
Cette question est-elle utile ?