Apple wired keyboard with Numpad stopped working after power outage?
Hi, just like the title says, after the power outage my wired keyboard stopped working. Here's what I've tried so far;
- SMC/NVRAM reset
- All other USB ports on iMac
- USB extension cable to all ports
- Checked USB ports with another keyboard. It is worked, that's mean there are no problems with the ports.
- Checked the broken Keyboard with PC, it didn't recognize (tried all ports on the PC, USB 2.0, USB 3.0)
- Both USB ports (L/R) under the Keyboard also working
- If I connect to another Keyboard to (L/R) under the Keyboard, it's working
- Tried on Hackintosh, it didn't work
- Power off the iMac
- Disconnect all peripherals and Power
- Hold down power button for 30 seconds
- Reconnect power and turn on. Leave everything else disconnected.
- Reconnect Keyboard
- Repeat many times and this solution didn't work either
There is only one silly thing left that I didn't try, cos, this is the most stupid thing that I heard of. Washing Keyboard in the Dishwasher. I'm very close to try that.
Do you think it means the keyboard is short-circuited and can no longer be used?
What do you suggest more?
Cette question est-elle utile ?