Wiki réalisé avec l'aide d'étudiants
Une formidable équipe d’étudiants de notre programme éducatif a créé ce wiki.
HP Pavilion dv7t-7000 Troubleshooting
This troubleshooting page will help you diagnose problems with the HP Pavilion dvt-7000.
Computer is Running Slow
The computer is not performing at its proper speed
HP Performance Tune-Up
The computer running slow can be caused by a variety of problems. Most of the problems stem from the your computer having trouble trying to start up or close windows or some other applications.
HP, the computer's manufacturer, ask that in this case you try their Performance Tune-Up here.
The Screen is Black
The screen is blank or do not display anything when powering on.
A hard reset can address many issues that cause a blank screen.
- Turn off the laptop and disconnect all devices from the laptop; Disconnect the AC power adapter; remove the battery.
- Press and hold the Power button not less than 15 seconds.
- Reconnect the AC adapter but do not connect the battery.
- Then turn on the laptop.
Faulty LCD Display
Plug an external monitor to test the display. if the external monitor does not view, press
F4 key to change between screens. you might see a graphics driver conflict with the Laptop’s display. Then go to http://Support.hp.com. Click on Software and drivers tab. Download the latest drivers for your computer.
To recover the laptop Bios follow these steps:
- Turn off the laptop.
- Plug the laptop into a power source using the AC power adapter.
- Press and hold at the same time the Windows key and the B key while the laptop is off.
- While pressing, hold down the power button for one second. Then release the power button and the keys.
The power LED light will remain on, and the screen will remain blank for about 40 seconds. The BIOS update starts.
Keyboard Not Working
Typing on the keyboard yields no results or doesn't display what you were typing
It's that classic "turn off/turn on" trick, with a few extra steps:
- Turn laptop off.
- Remove the device from all external devices(unplug everything it was plugged into including the charger)
- Remove battery before pressing and holding the power button for 15 seconds.
- Replace battery and plug the charger back in.
- Start up the device without plugging any other devices into the laptop.
- Connect other devices you want.
- Run Windows Update to update all device drivers.
Hard resetting the laptop can fix the problem by clearing and reestablishing the software connection between the device and the keyboard.
Before starting any replacement guide, first, check to see if the problem is with your software or your hardware. To do this press the ESC key repeatedly to see if a menu opens.
- If a setup menu doesn't open that means there are two options to fix the device:
- Use an external keyboard to type on the computer from now on.
- Replace the keyboard on the device by following the replacement guide here .
- If setup menu does open up then the problem is with Windows.
Computer overheating and causing early shutdown
The computer can get hot and force a shutdown.
The fan is the most important part when it comes to keeping your computer cool. A clog in this part of the computer can cause overheating. Check if you can see dust in the vent. If you can, clean out the dust with a paper towel.
Turn the computer on and check if the fan spins. If not, using a similar method to the one used in this replacement guide, replace the fan.
Clogged heat sink
The heat sink is a series of grooves that the fan blows over to cool off the computer. Open up the laptop and clean out the heat sink, as instructed in this replacement guide.
Wi-Fi Not Working
Wi-Fi not working on HP Pavilion dv7-7000
Cannot Connect To Internet
- Look for the wireless key or button. It could be an image of a wireless signal or an airplane
- If the wireless signal is on try reconnecting to the Internet.
- If the wireless signal is off, put it on and try reconnecting to the internet.
- If this doesn't work, right-click on the wireless connection icon in the notification area.
- Then select troubleshoot problems and the troubleshooting process begins
- After the troubleshooting is completed read the information on the screen.
- Follow the recommended actions and try reconnecting
- If there was no issue found close the result and check your internet access.
- Try to move it closer to the router.
- Remove metal objects that are between or near the HP Pavilion dv7-7000 or the router
- Try connecting to another network
- Try connecting to the internet again
Speaker Not Working
The speaker inside the laptop is not working.
Faulty external speaker
If you are using the external speaker, then there might be the discrepancy in the speaker or the pair of headphone that you are using the speaker. So, try with an extra pair of headphone and the speaker.
Driver update or installation
Check whether the required audio driver is installed. If not, download the required file from hp official page.
Faulty internal speaker
If the internal speaker is concluded to be faulty based on previous observations, then the speaker inside the laptop should be replaced with another speaker. To, replace the speaker, go to the replacement guide here.