Indice de 3
How to tune up (oil/filter and spark plugs change)
Background and Identification
The Porsche 996 is the internal designation for the Porsche 911 model, which was produced from 1997 to 2004. The 996 vehicles were replaced by the 997 in 2004 but the high-performance Turbo S, GT2, and GT3 models were produced until 2006. The Porsche 911 featured an all-new chassis platform and a new water-cooled engine rather than the previously air-cooled engine.
Development of the Porsche 911 was shared with its sibling, the roadster-only Boxster, which was released around the same time as the 911. The 911 and the Boxster share their front suspension, various interior components, and their engines. The 911 also features a multi-link rear suspension.
The Porsche 911 was available as a two-door coupe, two-door convertible, or two-door Targa top sports car. It features a rear-engine, rear-wheel-drive layout or a rear-engine, all-wheel-drive layout. The 911 includes a 3.4-liter or 3.6-liter naturally aspirated or twin-turbocharged flat-6 engine. It was released with two different five-speed automatic transmission options and a six-speed manual transmission option.
The Porsche 911 models include the Porsche shield emblem which includes a black horse in the center with the name “Stuttgart” in capital letters, the name “Porsche” across the top in capital letters, and black and red alternating stripes in the upper-right and lower-left shield quadrants. The upper-left and lower-right shield quadrants each include three antlers.
Body and Chassis:
- Class: Sports car (S)
- Body Style:
- 2-door coupé
- 2-door convertible
- 2-door Targa top
- Layout: Rear-engine, rear-wheel drive/Rear-engine, all-wheel drive
- Engine: 3.4 L–3.6 L naturally aspirated/twin-turbocharged flat-6
- 5-speed ZF 5HP19 automatic
- 5-speed Mercedes-Benz 5G-Tronic automatic
- 6-speed Getrag G96/00 manual
- Wheelbase: 92.6 in (2,352 mm)
- 174.5 in (4,432 mm)
- Carrera 4S and Turbo: 174.6 in (4,435 mm)
- 1999–2001: 69.5 in (1,765 mm)
- 2002–2004: 69.7 in (1,770 mm)
- Carrera 4S and Turbo: 72.0 in (1,829 mm)
- 51.4 in (1,306 mm)
- Carrera 4S and Turbo: 51.0 in (1,295 mm)
- 40th Anniversary coupé: 50.2 in (1,275 mm)
- GT2: 50.2 in (1,275 mm)
- Curb Weight: 2,904 lb (1,317 kg)