Indice de 9
Indice de 16
Indice de 4
Indice de 1
Background and Identification
Developed since 1999, the LeapPad tablets are a range of tablet computers for children. Designed to resemble a talking book, the LeapPad tablet took three years to develop before being introduced to the market in 1999. By 2002, it was the best-selling toy in specialty stores.
Models (1999 -2017):
- LeapPad - The original model.
- LeapPad Plus Writing
- Read and Write LeapPad
- LeapPad Plus Microphone (Also known as Read Aloud LeapPad)
- LeapPad Pro
- Quantum LeapPad
- LeapPad Plus Writing and Microphone
- Learn & Go LeapPad
- Cocopad (Japan only)
- LeapPad Explorer : Released in 2011, this device is similar to the Apple iPad. However, users can only download proprietary LeapFrog Apps. Users can take pictures and capture video.
- LeapPad2 - Released in the summer of 2012.
- LeapPad Ultra - Released in the summer of 2013.
- LeapPad3 - Released in the summer of 2014.
- LeapPad Platinum - Released in the summer of 2015.
- LeapPad Ultimate - Released in February 2017.
Spin-offs (incompatible with the mainstream series)
Due to the popularity of the LeapPad, other LeapPad branded devices were created for younger audiences, not old enough for the mainstream LeapPads.
- My First LeapPad (For children in preschool to Kindergarten)
- Different from a regular LeapPad in that the books are flipped upwards.
- Later redesigned in the shape of a school bus. A British-voiced version was also available in the UK.
- LittleTouch LeapPad (For babies to toddlers)
- Did not require a stylus to operate.
- The unit also featured a soft pad underneath to allow for the device to sit comfortably on the parents' or toddler's lap.