Rivian's Fleet vehicle is a commercial electric delivery van designed as a sustainable solution for a commercial business. The Fleet is designed to take advantage of vehicles, software, charging solutions, and services designed to increase uptime and lower operating costs while helping businesses achieve ambitious sustainability goals.
The Rivian company entered an agreement with their investors Amazon in February of 2019, and by September of the same year agreed to collaborate with Amazon to design, produce, and purchase 100,000 electric delivery vehicles.
FleetOS is a proprietary fleet management platform built to provide insights about fleets' health, performance, service, charging, and utilization via easy-to-use tools and dashboards. Realtime data is provided to the application through individual Fleet Vehicles, remote diagnostics, over-the-air, and telematics to help fleets produce a consistent and optimized experience. The tool can provide an organization with insight into specific vehicles and actionable advice to help maximize uptime, increase safety and lower the total cost of ownership.
While there are several different variations of the Fleet vehicles each with different specs, there are several aspects that all Fleet vehicles share.
Platform and drivetrain
- EV Chassis: Skateboard-Type
- Front Suspension: Double Wishbone
- Rear Suspension: Twist Beam
- Payload Capacity: 1,960 to 2,750 lb
- Drivetrain Options:
- Front-Wheel Drive w/ one or two Traction Motors
- All-Wheel Drive w/ two motors
- Single-Motor Front-Wheel Drive (Only on EDV 700)
- Battery Type: Lithium Iron Phosphate
- Placement: Beneath the vehicle's body floor
- Charging Speed: 150 kW
- Exterior Cameras: Yes
- Sensors: Radar Sensors
- Driver Assistance Systems:
- Forward Collision Warning
- Automatic Emergency Braking
- Lane-Keeping Assistance