Face ID issues after battery replacement (move a little higher/lower)
So after replacing my battery Face ID is no longer able to register my face always saying to move the phone a little higher and then to move the phone a little lower in a loop. I believe the issue is the dot projector. Heres what i’ve tested so far:
- putting the original battery back in
- cleaning all connectors
- reseating back cameras
- taking out the sensor module containing the front camera and putting it back in
- reseating and cleaning everything on the sensors connected to the screen
- called apple support who ran diagnostics and said that they didn’t see any issues with the hardware
- cleaned the dot projector with isopropyl alcohol
The front camera and back cameras still work as well as the proximity sensor and ambient light sensor. I also used an old camera to see that the flood illuminator was lighting up. The only thing that refuses to light up is the dot projector. Thanks for the help!
Cette question est-elle utile ?