KDL-52W5100 - no backlight, no sound
Hello, my Sony KDL-52W5100 all of a sudden has no backlight and no sound. Things I have noticed and done:
- Full power down and disconnect from receptacle. Held power button for 30 seconds to fully drain capacitors. Reconnect to power and I immediately hear a single click from the relay. TV goes into standby. Power attempt reveals solid green LED and Sony letters light up, but no backlight or sound.
- Connected my PC to the HDMI port and turned on. No backlight or sound however the computer properly detects the external display and labels it as a Sony Bravia LCD.
- Connected my music player (iPhone) to the audio port and cycled inputs (no indication visually that it is actually cycling through inputs - no audio heard.
- Played an audio clip on the PC while connected to the HDMI port and cycled through inputs, no audio can be heard.
- Tried to put the TV into service diagnostic mode: Display - Channel 5 - Volume down - Power from the remote while in standby. LED and Sony logo light up, but no diagnostic on screen and again, no backlight, no sound.
- Opened the back…no visual problems that I can see such as blown/bulging capacitors. No odd smell.
- Over the years, I have noticed periodically throughout the day, the TV relay would make an audible “click” when the TV was otherwise in standby mode. I never noticed any lights or indication it was power cycling otherwise.
Given the last bullet, I’m thinking power board related? I need to pull the schematic to see if I can detect power to the inverter. Not sure where to take this otherwise?
I know this is a 10 year old TV. It really was only ever used by the kids on weekends to play Xbox and while a new 65” is relatively inexpensive, I would like to give this one a solid shot at repair before committing it to e-waste.
Any feedback would be VERY welcomed!
Cette question est-elle utile ?