Motorola V276 Troubleshooting
This is a troubleshooting guide.
Phone won't turn on
When the phone is off, holding the "Power" button for 3 seconds does nothing
Your battery could simply need to be charged. To do so:
- Plug your phone into the charger provided when you purchased it
- If you did not receive or do not have a charging cable, you can purchase one here.
- After a few seconds, your screen should turn on and display some image to indicate it is charging
- Wait until the image on the screen indicates that the phone is fully charged
- Unplug the phone from the charger and hold the "Power" button for 3 seconds. Your phone should turn on and behave normally.
You may have charged the battery, but it no longer holds a charge. If this is the case, you will need to acquire a new battery. (One may be purchased here). Once you have a new battery, refer to Remplacement de la batterie du Motorola V276
"Power" button is broken
If you are sure your battery is healthy and charged, your "power" button may not be working properly. Refer to Motorola V276 Keypad Replacement
Battery won't charge
If the battery won't charge try these steps:
- Try taking out the battery and putting it back in, then charge again
- Check the charging cable and make sure it's plugged into the charging dock correctly
If your phone still won't charge then you may have to:
Spotty reception; frequently dropped calls; unable to make calls
Badly Represented Service Provider
Ask others who have the same service provider as you whether they experience the same reception problems as you (and in the same areas). If they are experiencing the same thing, reception for your service provider may simply be low in your area. Contact your provider and ask them if they have lower representation (i.e. less cell sites) around where you use your phone.
There may be places you go where reception for your phone drops significantly. Try to pinpoint where it is that you lose reception and contact your service/phone provider. They may be able to explain your geographically-related loss of service.
If the antenna on your phone has snapped off or sustained some kind of heavy impact, the internal hardware may be damaged and unable to perform well. Refer to Remplacement de l'antenne du Motorola V276
Phone displays message:
ERROR: This app needs xx K of memory you only have yy K of memory.
1. From the main screen press menu.
2. Select 'Get it Now' then press OK.
3. Select 'Settings' then press OK.
4. Select 'Manage Apps' then press OK.
- If the phone memory is full, remove unused items such as:
Get It Now Applications
Flip Top Light Malfunction
The small display light on the front of the phone is blank.
The flex cable runs through the hinge.
The light within the phone may be damaged.
Either the main screen or small display has been broken.
Refer to the Motorola V276 Main LCD Screen Replacement guide
The screen appears black but the phone still makes sound.