- "I can't hear anything out of my device."
- "My device won't turn on."
- "When I plug my device into my computer, the USB device is not recognized."
- "My MicroSD card is not functioning."
No audio coming out of device via headphone jack
- Try to increase the volume using the button on the top of the device (the side above 'sansa')
- Try using a different pair of headphones to listen to the C250
- If this does not work, refer to Installing the Headphone Jack on the SanDisk Sansa C250 Mobile Media Player
When powered on, no lights illuminate on the device and the screen remains black
- First try connecting your device to a power source and holding the power button down firmly for at least two seconds.
- If your device still does not power on, try removing the power cord, then refer to Installing the Battery on the SanDisk Sansa C250 Mobile Media Player to remove your battery, then reconnect the device to a power source and hold the power button down firmly for at least two seconds.
- If your device still does not power on, the power charger could also be faulty. If possible, use a different charger to charge the device.
- If all else fails, the battery could be dead. Using a new battery, plug the device in and try to start it by holding the power button down firmly for at least two seconds.
- Refer to //Link Replacing or Repairing the Power Button on the SanDisk Sansa C250 Mobile Media Player// to replace or repair the power button.
Operating system displays "USB Device Not Recognized" message when device is connected
- Your drivers may be corrupt. Refer to this link to replace them.
- Try changing the MTP/MSC mode in the device settings
- Card is not recognized by device or computer
- Insert the card into a MicroSD to SD converter and then refer to this web page to format the card in FAT32 if using a Mac.
- If using Windows, follow this page
- Buy and install a replacement card
- Re-enable MicroSD card in the settings of the C250