MagSafe connector heats up really bad, why is that?
I have a late 2009, macbook white, which up until a couple of days ago worked perfectly - now, every time I'm attaching the magsafe connector to the laptop, the connector itself heats up quite a lot in a matter of minutes. It works ok if I try to recharge the battery whilst the laptop is powered off, however every time I'm trying to recharge the battery with the laptop powered on the connector heats up to the point that I can barely touch it.
I can't figure out what is to blame here; is it the connector from the cable at fault, or is it the connector inside the laptop, or the battery?
Also now, the connector only charges the battery if I fiddle with its position a bit.
Any input into the matter would be much appreciated:
oh and does anyone know how I can safely dismantle the MagSafe connector? I'd like to check the wiring, before buying a new charger.
Cette question est-elle utile ?
Apple MacBook "Core 2 Duo" 2.26 13" (Uni/Late 09)
I have a MagSafe 1 with the straight connector. It is an 85W unit, and it heats up to where I fear it could set paper or fabric (esp. polyester or polar fleece) on fire if left in contact. The pins on the MagSafe move freely. They are _not_ stuck in either the up or down position. The receptacle the adaptor connects to is clear, with nothing on the surface in the way of dirt, debris, or corrosion.
This happened with the original MagSafe adaptor with the "L" connector, also (that one died and was discarded). I don't know if the pins were stuck on that connector, but it is a moot point since my current adaptor heats up in spite of the pins working as they should.
This my third MacBook Pro (Mid-2012 model). My first MacBook Pro purchased in June of 2008 died and was replaced with this one. Both are/were 15". All of the power adaptors started running hot after the first couple of years.