Webcam is not working
The webcam has never worked on this laptop for a while, and I did get it going for a while. However, the camera has since died again, and has been dead for a few months - I just didn’t want to deal with it at the time.
So far, here’s what I tried:
* Reset the BIOS back to defaults - no changes.
* Swapped the camera (KG used) - no change, did not swap the cable.
* Reset the BIOS again with a new camera - again, no change.
* Checked the port security settings - no issues found, and the BIOS reset fixed anything that may have been wrong.
* Pulled the CMOS battery to fix a black screen/fan at full speed issue - unintended 3rd BIOS reset, with no change.
Short of replacing the cable and webcam into a “known good” shell I can move my screen to, is there anything else I can try? READ: This laptop is in maintenance mode due to the 6th gen processor. I will not buy new parts that I do not have in stock, as this means the machine is being retired in a few years but still works.
@jayeff it doesn’t let me choose. There may be an issue with the cable/camera or motherboard. To quickly rule out the motherboard I’m swapping it all.
Cette question est-elle utile ?